Old February 16th 05, 09:43 PM
Darrell

"Larry" wrote in message
T...
In article ,

says...
On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 06:27:35 -0500, Larry wrote:

Im going to guess they will price this camera at two thousand (US)

dollars.
No real reason for this, I just dont see it at $999.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/0502/05...on_eos350d.asp

Price is $899 for body.

Then I'll have to see what kind of pictures it takes...

At 8mp and a 899 price I'm not expecting much, but then it IS a Canon, and
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a GOOD one.

This is a source for consternation...

One major camera company comes out with a 4mp DSLR for $3500
Another major name brand comes out with an 8mp DSLR for $899

How to choose, how to choose.

Apples and oranges, the Nikon D2Hs is designed for photojournalists, it's
really fast, has a huge frame buffer, and excellent image quality. I have
seen images and you would have sworn it was film. The Drebel is a consumer
level camera, with a so-so lens but is cheap. It's like comparing a Honda
Civic with a HumVee. Both have different niches.