Old February 16th 05, 02:48 PM
Darrell

"Skip M" wrote in message
news:bp0Rd.31929$xt.16610@fed1read07...
"Darrell" dev/null wrote in message

"Skip M" wrote in message
news:GTVQd.31914$xt.13018@fed1read07...
"Brian C. Baird" wrote in message
.. .
In article GEUQd.31908$xt.28865@fed1read07,
says...
Interesting, did anybody besides me notice the mention, buried in

the
text,
of a 60mm f2.8 EF-S lens?

Yes, me... TWO minutes after you.

I'll get you for this, Middleton!
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/

Heheheheh...
Hmmm, 96mm f2.8 equiv. Not that fast, compared to the film type 100
f2...but better than what's been offered up 'til now for 1.6 crop
digital.
Of course, my 50mm f1.8 is faster, and only slightly shorter.

The text says it's an EF-S Canon 60mm f:2.8 Macro? So f:2.8 is about
right.

It's actually more than about right, it is a true macro, 1x (life size.)
Specs he
http://www.eos-magazine.com/EOS%20sy.../EFS_60mm.html
I've learned to be a bit cynical when a lens comes out marked "macro," too
many zooms make the claim without really being macro lenses. But this one
backs it up, apparently.

Mind you Canon does have several existing, excellent macro lenses that offer
1:1 (and the 65mm that does 5:1). This new lens being a EF-S means you can't
swap it over to your Elan for film. Canon is making certain that film is
dead.