Old February 16th 05, 01:45 PM
Darrell

"Larry" wrote in message
T...
In article ,
says...
In article , "Darrell" dev/null
says...
Not linked from the webpages, but somebody found the page...

http://www.pma-show.com/review/canon..._rebel_xt.html

maybe a leak...

Yes, most definitely a leak, but my feeling is the official press
release will come on Thursday morning, so this isn't that big of a deal.

Sounds good though... looks like they're using a slightly different
sensor from the 20D - hopefully the noise performance will be the same,
if not a little better. Option of Black or Silver is appreciated.

This should make people happy:
"Mirror lock-up and 2nd curtain flash have also been added. "

Duh, Canon! About time.

This also might be interesting, but I don't see why it has to be EF-S:
"EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens."

I guess if you really want that 100mm (96, actually) equivalent focal
length.

No ISO 3200 though... I guess we'll have to push exposures (same as what
the camera does) or firmware hack later on.

No mention of price, but if they can manage the same $999 kit price
they'll do very, very well against the D70 et al.

Im going to guess they will price this camera at two thousand (US)

dollars.
No real reason for this, I just dont see it at $999.

Because then it will be more than the 20D Canon has already reduced sales
of their 20D with this 20D Lite...