Old February 17th 05, 04:02 AM
Brian C. Baird

In article , "Darrell" dev/null
says...
Not linked from the webpages, but somebody found the page...

http://www.pma-show.com/review/canon..._rebel_xt.html

maybe a leak...

Yes, most definitely a leak, but my feeling is the official press
release will come on Thursday morning, so this isn't that big of a deal.

Sounds good though... looks like they're using a slightly different
sensor from the 20D - hopefully the noise performance will be the same,
if not a little better. Option of Black or Silver is appreciated.

This should make people happy:
"Mirror lock-up and 2nd curtain flash have also been added. "

Duh, Canon! About time.

This also might be interesting, but I don't see why it has to be EF-S:
"EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM lens."

I guess if you really want that 100mm (96, actually) equivalent focal
length.

No ISO 3200 though... I guess we'll have to push exposures (same as what
the camera does) or firmware hack later on.

No mention of price, but if they can manage the same $999 kit price
they'll do very, very well against the D70 et al.
--
http://www.pbase.com/bcbaird/