Old August 1st 05, 06:40 AM
Randy Stewart

"Jerry L" wrote in message
ups.com...
You may try a look at
http://www.fbi.gov/cyberinvest/inetschemes.htm
and see how low-level the interest is for Internet fraud.

All good advise on avoiding the dishonest seller, although if most of the
tips were employed, ebay would probably fold.

However, my original inquiry was not how to avoid a ripoff, but for the
story of anyone who had successfully obtained local police assistence in the
seller's community to obtain relief from a fraudulent seller on ebay or a
similar internet sale. There seems to be a general assumption that such
enforcement is available and my suggestion was that in practice, it is not.

Who has an experience to report, either way?