Old March 8th 05, 09:14 AM
geletine

geletine wrote:
Bob Hickey wrote:
"R.Schenck" wrote in message
I exposed at 400 speed
http://photobucket.com/albums/y13/Nygdan/Boston%20BnW/?

This one seems like perhaps it could'vebeen sharper, to have more

detail
on
what I think is a filled in doorway.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13...oll1DX-04A.jpg

I rather like this one, I didn't realize that it was a bit over

exposed
when I had first gotten the print, but now that i've had at least

some
experience with this sort of thing its rather obvious

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13...oll1DX-02A.jpg

Should this t-x 400 be exposed at some other speed perhaps, 400

is
the
usual no?

Any criticisms of the photos would be appreciated from either

group

To me, they look like the paper grade is too high, or

they've
been overdeveloped a little. Labs usually go with a lot more

contrast than
I do, but that's the opinion of the wolds worst scanner. That would

be me.
I usually expose Tri-X @ 200, D76 1:1 is a very easy to use

developer,
although I like Rodinal when I can get it. It's necessary to find

your own
standard everything. Don't be afraid to bracket a few shots and

bracket
developement. The results will pay off in the future. I find that

way
too
much contrast makes better scans, but I develop for prints, so

there's the
tradeoff. Bob Hickey

I was just wondering how you bracket development, presuming you mean
per frame, if you mean the whole roll, forgive me for asking

I would like to add, I am talking about roll film, not large format
sheet film