Old April 8th 18, 12:36 PM posted to comp.sys.mac.apps,rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

In article , RJH wrote:

I would argue, quite successfully, that Apple pays nothing like every
tax dollar they should.

That is a lie, they pay ever dollar they are required to, just like
everyone else.

It's not a lie. It's an opinion that's based on evidence. And is
coincidentally shared by a lot of people. Not you, obvs ;-)

it absolutely is a lie. the evidence is very clear that apple pays what
they owe.

'Should' pay more. The word is 'should'. And they should pay more.

Should is different to must. It is my opinion - Apple should pay more
tax. it's not a lie.

it may not be a lie that you think that, but it is very definitely a
lie that they should pay more.

you've admitted you take deductions, which means you should pay more
taxes than you do.

Even an article linked to from Apple's UK site says as much (read the
para 'The U.S. rate is 35%. Why is Applešs effective rate so much lower?').

because they have very good accountants who understand the tax code
much better than you do.