Old October 14th 03, 08:43 PM
David Meiland

Default Waht is your audience?

(Michael Scarpitti) wrote:

Is it more important that 'other photographers' think highly of one's
work, or one's intended audience (meaning primarily
non-photographers)?

As a sign of advanced self-absorption, I'll admit that it's only
important to me that I like it myself.

I had the very interesting experience of showing my portfolio to a
panel of well-known photographers at an organized critique event.
During a 2-hour period I showed 6 people my stuff, in private
15-minute sessions. Some of them liked it and said so, and some of
them did not like it and said so. No doubt most photographers have the
same experience--they find that a certain number of people like their
work, and others don't. That's always going to be true, so the
question to me is, do you like your own work yourself?
---
David Meiland
Friday Harbor, WA
http://davidmeiland.com/

**Check the reply address before sending mail