Old March 14th 08, 06:29 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Geoffrey S. Mendelson

Default C-41 film in Rodinal

jjs wrote:

What kind of camera stuff does Golden Camera sell? Or Jugend Brothers? No
chemistry? Or is it still pricey even though they (might) buy in quantities?

Digital. I happen to own the last set of 35mm reloadable casettes and
the last 100 foot roll of black and white film that Jugend sold. I also
had their last bottle of HC-110, but it had turned bad from age before I
got it and I had to dump it. These were bought over a year ago.

At the time, they did not say they would never never get any more of
either in. The salesperson answered the question with an Israeli shrug,
which means, I'm not going to commit myself, but don't expect to see them.

If not for Betzalel Institute, a "world famous" art school, and a few
smaller ones that aren't, there would be no film sold in this
country except disposable cameras and c-41 color. Most of that is sold
to tourists.

Everyone has gone over to digital.

The day Betzalel drops their film classes, will be the day the last store
that still carries darkroom stuff drops it too.

Geoff.