Old March 7th 05, 12:32 AM
JohnR66

"Fitpix" wrote in message

"Sheldon" wrote in message

"Alice" wrote in message ...
http://www.digitalreview.ca/cams/Nik...sRebelXT.shtml

I hope this finally puts to rest the idea that more megapixels = a better
camera. Nice comparison. Thanks for the site.

I went from the 10d to the 20d and the big difference I noticed was a much
better contrast in the 8mp camera. Not sure if it translates the same w
the 300 and 350.

However the kit lens on the 70D seems to blow away the Canon version. Had
I not already had Canon lenses a couple years ago I may have gone Nikon.
For me the whole Nikon vs Canon thing is like eating a steak with a
sterling silver vs a silver-plated one....it's the steak (ie the image)
that counts.

The Nikon lens is 3x the price. It had better be superior. I've not seen
image quality comparisons. From my experience, the Canon zoom has been very
good in image quality given the price.
John