Old September 10th 04, 09:53 PM
Hans-Georg Michna

On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:56:21 -0700, bk
wrote:

Faster SD card cuts shot-to-shot time

I've tried 3 SD cards in my Pentax Optio 4Si - Belkin efilm, Kingston,
and PQI. The first two appear to be standard (256MB), the PQI is a fast
card (512MB). PQI doesn't claim any particular speed on its packaging,
but i've seen tests (mostly from PDA-land) that show PQI as a fast card.

I did the following test: turn off instant review mode, go into
continuous shot mode, point camera at a plain background, and see how
many shots i get in 1 minute. I subtract two from the "score" because
the 4Si has a two shot buffer, which continues to empty after i release
the shoot button. With continuous mode i don't think it is refocusing
between, but not sure about that.

With the 2 standard cards, i got 12 (14 - 2) shots in a minute, with the
fast PQI card i got 30 shots. Shot to shot times (after first two shots)
of 5 sec w/ standard cards, 2 sec w/ fast card.

Thanks, very interesting!

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.