Old September 4th 08, 03:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
David J Taylor[_6_]

Default archiving of digital photos

James Silverton wrote:
[]
I wonder what is or are the best media for archiving? Have you tried
randomly recalling some of the older images and checking for loss of
quality? Another interesting thing is what sort of indexing system is
best?

Yes, when I got the external HDs I had to recover almost all off the CDs
and DVDs. All but one were readable, which might have been frustrating
had I needed images of that DVD. One HD and one set of DVDs are off-site.

Indexing for me is strictly year-month-day.

Cheers,
David