Old February 6th 10, 06:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital
Rich[_6_]

Default Stuck in the 1970s, FF shooters go mad

Amusing, reading some of the nitwit comments about this camera on Dpreview
and pro sites.
So Hasselblad brings out an "entry level" 40 megapixel camera with a larger
than 35mm sensor and the FF shooters go insane, saying it's too expensive,
and doesn't make sense to bring out a medium format camera with a smaller
than standard sensor. They don't get it. The idea isn't to downgrade
current top medium format offerings, it is to convince some luddite 35mm FF
shooters to get out of their current, ancient mindset that says you have to
stick to 35mm that a fixed format like that makes any sense in this day and
age. We are no longer bound to film formats. That died with film. They
can now make digital sensors in any format, any size they like, it's just
up to those who buy them to use them. I think the real reason some of them
are upset is that they were unrealistically expecting something for around
$9-$10k, and it isn't happening. They'll have to wait for the Pentax (if
it ever comes out) or other digital medium format to be that cheap.

http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk...sselblad_H4D40
_DSLR_camera_update_news_294573.html