Old January 23rd 21, 12:14 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Long lens in the wild

On Jan 22, 2021, Alfred Molon wrote
(in s.net):

In article
.com,
says...

As a Fujifilm shooter I have my X-T3 combined with the XF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6 OIS WR, and an X1.25TC.

That does not quite deliver the benefit of a constant aperture f/4.5, but my combo is weather resistant, and affordable until Fuji delivers additional, long, fast wildlife glass other than their non-zoom XF 200mm f/2.

The X-T4 would give IBIS, which can make quite a difference in
some situations.

While IBIS would be nice to have. However, I would have preferred to have a body without the flip screen of the X-T4. I am not a vlogger, and having that screen flip out to the side is awkward, vulnerable, and for me useless. I much prefer the tilt screen on the X-T2/X-T3. Since the primary purpose of my X-T3 is stills photography, and very rarely video. For video I will stick to my Mavic Air 2 or GoPro 9.

Consider that he X-T3, X-Pro3, and X-T4 all have the same sensor, and CPU. The big difference is that darn flip screen and IBIS.

The XF 100-400mm has a quite good OIS which has worked well. Otherwise for the handful of non-stabilized lenses in my bag I can manage without IBIS. If it does come to a Fuji body I am comfortable with I will probably add it to my shopping list. Perhaps an X-T5, or X-Pro4.

Savageduck