Old October 10th 04, 04:18 AM
John

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 19:54:46 GMT, Donald Qualls
wrote:

I wonder where those of us
who like self-regulation can go next?

Managed lists. Unfortunately they are generally not well known
and can be hard to find.

Well, for photography, there is always photo.net -- the B&W forums there
are well moderated, and well populated, if not as "open to the public"
as Usenet, and the site does a pretty good job of discouraging spammers
from harvesting addresses (you must be a registered user, and accept a
20 second delay for each request, with notification to the person
requested, in order to get an e-mail address for a user). OTOH, some
folks object to moderated sites (like David Nebenzahl, who recently put
up such a fuss when he thought I was trying to moderate this group), to
the point of calling the moderation process censorship; it's a fine line
to tread.

I've setup a list through my web host (8-95.com) but I have a
little to learn about administration before I make it available.

I do believe some moderation is necessary these days. I can
understand why David would be against it.

Regards,

John S. Douglas, Photographer - http://www.puresilver.org
Please remove the "_" when replying via email