Old October 16th 14, 06:17 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default Image enlargement software

On 10/15/14 PDT, 9:13 PM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:
John McWilliams wrote:

Good lord, you still cannot fathom the difference between PPI and DPI.

That statement applies to you.

Everything I said relates to PPI, and I very correctly used PPI
rather than DPI. This discussion has very little to do with DPI
as opposed to PPI. We are talking pixel rates, not nozzle rates.

What part of the difference would you like me to explain to you?

Absolutely, flat out, nothing.

Anyone who writes:

"Given that Epson as an example prints at 360 PPI, if
the user sets the print driver for a 10 inch wide print,
the *only* pixel dimension that can do that is 3600 pixels.
If the image being sent to the printer has 1800 pixels
across, it *must* be up sampled to 3600. If it has 7200
pixels across it *must* be down sampled to 3600 pixels."

Doesn't understand.

Q.E.D.