Old October 19th 17, 10:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Noons

Default Adobe moves the rental/service economy onward

On 19/10/2017 1:23 @wiz, Rich A wrote:
https://www.dpreview.com/opinion/543...cription-model

I wonder, if in the future, you'll need to purchase a monthly subscription to run your camera body and will they cease to working if you try to sell them? Trade-ins only?

Why on earth aren't folks dropping the "cloud" products of this abortion
of a company will always be a mystery to me.

I never used any of their products other than Elements and even that
only for a couple of months.

Corel's Paintshop 2018 and Aftershot 3 are so much better value
products, there is simply no comparison. And yes, they accept all the
'shop plug-ins!