Old April 2nd 18, 02:46 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ragnusen Ultred

Default Can Mac Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?

Am Sun, 01 Apr 2018 21:05:24 -0400, schrieb nospam:

Why couldn't other programs, like Adobe Illustrator, just embed the fonts
whatever way that PowerPoint did?

because other apps are standards compliant.
microsoft isn't.

Hi nospam,

You just guess so whatever you answer is next to worthless because your
record is so dismal, the monkey finds the banana under the box more often
than you are correct on these newsgroups.

Since whatever you say has to be double checked, your answers are always
utterly worthless, since your credibility is at about 25% to 33% correct
and 75% to 66% wrong.

Luckily for you, in this case you guessed correctly (as we already figured
out the answer on the always helpful adult Windows newsgroup).

The good news is that we *always* solve the technical question on the adult
platform newsgroups, simply because of two factors:
1. Adults post on the Windows newsgroups, and,
2. They're technically competent.

Hence, the following has been proven beyond any doubt, on Windows 10, using
Powerpoint 2007 and Adobe Illustrator 12.0.0 with the TrueType "Roadgeek
2005 Series B" fonts embedded into both the PowerPoint file and into the
PDF file output by PowerPoint using the Microsoft "Save as PDF" addins.
2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Microsoft Save as PDF or XPS
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down...ails.aspx?id=7

Q1: Can Win10 Adobe Illustrator read in a Microsoft PowerPoint with fonts?
A1: Yes, but not directly. It takes a multi-step method. But it works.

While the helpful technically competent folks on the Windows newsgroups can
certainly streamline any process, we documented in detail the 1st
successful multi-step method we used on the Windows group, which was:

1. Obtain & install the MS Office 2007 "Save as PDF or XPS" utility.
2. Obtain & install the "Roadgeek 2005 Series B" font set into the default
Windows Font folder.
3. Obtain & install the Windows Adobe Illustrator 12.0.0 tool set.
4. Save the PowerPoint file to PDF with the entire font set embedded.
5. Attempt to read the PowerPoint directly into AI - it will fail.
6. Attempt to read the PDF into AI - fonts will fail - but keep going.
7. In AI, switch the default font to Roadgeek now in the system folder.
8. In Adobe Illustrator, save the file as a Windows "ai" format file.
http://i.cubeupload.com/20nlCB.gif

That test today answered almost all the questions, but two remain, which
I'm sure you, nospam, will be absolutely zero help on because:
a. You have proven you're not in the least technically competent, and,
b. You just guess anyway, and,
c. That's because you have zero helpful intent ever.

While I'm sure this newsgroup doesn't have the answer to the question,
we'll get that answer from the Windows adult newsgroup, which is:

Q: What are the next steps to print to vinyl (where Paul already discussed
the "cutContour" sequence so I just need to flesh that out a bit on my
own), and,

Q: Will the latest Mac Adobe Illustrator read in that Windows AI file?
(chances are that it will, but it will take a simple test to figure it
out).