Old July 3rd 18, 04:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Kodak "PixPro AZ901" - 90x Optical Zoom!

In article ,
Whisky-dave wrote:

The new Kodak "PixPro AZ901" features a 90X optical zoom lens, besting
the Nikon "Coolpix P900" and its 83x zoom (and the P900 was introduced
way back in 2015).

Can 100x be far behind?

Kodak still makes cameras? I thought this company didn't exist anymore.

Just wait until the Kodak ?BuggyWhip Pro1895œ hits the market.

it's about to, but with a different name.

back in 2016, kodak announced a 'digital super-8 movie camera', which
shoots actual super-8 film, yet has a digital lcd viewfinder and an sd
card slot for audio (not video) for only $2500-3000.

I can see the attraction of using an old style format, but can;t see the
attraction of buying a new device to do it, I'd rather buy an old super-8 , I
doubt I could restore one so, I'd buy a working and use it. Then have to deal
with the old style hassle that's the point isn't it.

there is absolutely no purpose for this product, other than to make
kodak the laughing stock of the industry, for which they have
succeeded.

the fact that they are actually planning on bringing it to market in
2018, after having raised its price five-fold from the initial
announcement, is proof that the company is being run by complete
morons.