Old July 7th 07, 04:48 PM posted to alt.comp.freeware,rec.photo.digital,microsoft.public.windowsxp.photos
Crusader

Default Windows freeware to edit & create EXIF data for JPEG photos

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 09:50:28 +0200, CoMa wrote:
Does anyone know of Windows freeware that creates and edits EXIF data for
JPEG photos?

How about Exifer for Windows
http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/

Wow. I appreciate your telling me about this as I was totally unaware of
Exifer prior to this post. It is "probably" a good tool and it probably
works just fine, but it sure doesn't work the way I thought it would for
me, a newbie.

First, I figured I'd load a picture and get a form with all the Exif data
but it puts only SOME of the Exif data into a form where you have to scroll
one by one through the forms.

Second, I figured it would load existing Exif data like that shown with
Irfanview but it doedsn't. It seems to wipe out the existing Exif data and
allow you to create totally new Exif data, but that's not what I wanted. To
it's credit, I didn't state that I wanted to edit existing Exif data so I
am NOT complaining. I'm just stating what it seems to be.

I'm sure it's probably a good tool, but I will keep looking unless there is
nothing else out there and then I'll go back to Exifer which seems to be
great for createing NEW Exif data but not necessarily for editing EXISTING
Exif data.

Thanks!!!!!