Old September 10th 08, 12:37 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
DudeBoyz

Default Preferred Auto-Focus Mode?

Thanks for the reply. It's helpful.

DudeBoyz wrote:

So, if you would, I'd appreciate replies specifying what is
preferred and why that method is preferred.

Manual. 'Cuz I take my time. And that's a good thing.

Practically, when I do use AF, I find centered is easiest.
Point, focus, lock (half-depressed shutter release) re-compose,
shoot.

However, mixing AE modes and the above is tricky. On my
cameras that is usually 'hold AEL' for the exposure lock and
hold the shutter half-depressed for the focus lock. Also why
I shoot manual exposure a lot.