Old January 18th 19, 01:42 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Commander Kinsey

Default Depth of field - two of them?

On Fri, 18 Jan 2019 00:30:03 -0000, Jeff wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
news
On Wed, 16 Jan 2019 00:27:07 -0000, Jeff wrote:

"Commander Kinsey" wrote in
news
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ctqungbvve...field.jpg?dl=0
This is a snapshot of Startrek The Next Generation, Season 6, Episode
26. It appears to have two planes of focus, one centred on the right eye
of the man in the foreground, and one on the right side of the chest of
the man in the background. Two cameras with superimposing? Or some
effect put in afterwards?

Going by the still and not seeing the video I would assume the Borg is a
chromakeyed background since the lighting is quite different on them.

Are you sure? What makes you say the lighting is different?

Data more directly lighted mainly from the left, Borg diffused slightly
biased from the right.

Good point, I hadn't noticed that. But there are several lights in the room.

Like I said this is just from the still. I don't know if the video would show
them interacting in a way that showed they were being filmed at the same
time.

They were interacting. Whether they were filmed simultaneously I can't tell.