Old December 26th 04, 06:08 PM
Harvey

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
Just purchased a 17" LCD (LG L1710s) which runs at 1280 x 1024
resolution. Photos look great but problem is my images don't fit
properly in the screen. There is a gap at top and bottom of screen
which from what i read is due to the different aspect ratio of the LCD
Monitor. I can run the LCD at 1280/960 and the pictures look
great,entire screen is filled, but the text looks lousy so not a good
solution. Is there a fix to get the images to fill the entire screen
while keeping my resolution at 1280 x 1024? I can't believe they are
selling millions of these monitors and images don't fit properly.

Cameras have pixel ratios all over the place. Most of the time you will not
get an exact fit. You will encounter black lines at the top and bottom or
on the sides or...the picture will not be shown in its entirety on the
screen. The same is true of wide screen versus normal screen in the dvd
world. It is just the physics of it. Not the manufacturers fault.