Old December 26th 04, 08:45 PM
SleeperMan

Steve wrote:
Just purchased a 17" LCD (LG L1710s) which runs at 1280 x 1024
resolution. Photos look great but problem is my images don't fit
properly in the screen. There is a gap at top and bottom of screen
which from what i read is due to the different aspect ratio of the LCD
Monitor. I can run the LCD at 1280/960 and the pictures look
great,entire screen is filled, but the text looks lousy so not a good
solution. Is there a fix to get the images to fill the entire screen
while keeping my resolution at 1280 x 1024? I can't believe they are
selling millions of these monitors and images don't fit properly.

See if you have different pic size setting available on your camera. I know
that on my old olympus i could set it to monitor ratio, or standard analog
film ratio , which is 3:2. And sometimes camera's best resolution is a bit
different than monitor size, but there are lower resolutions available, like
1600x1200, which will fit (after resizing). Note that monitor ratio is 4:3,
while - for example on my Canon S1 max resolution (whixh is 2048x1536) is
5:4, while i do have 1600x1200 1024x768 , both 4:3.
On the other hand i think i did see some picture player which can resize
monitor size temporarily - only while showing pics...just i'd be damned if i
remember where...