Old December 26th 04, 07:13 PM
Alan Meyer

"Steve" wrote in message
om...
Just purchased a 17" LCD (LG L1710s) which runs at 1280 x 1024
resolution. Photos look great but problem is my images don't fit
properly in the screen. There is a gap at top and bottom of screen
which from what i read is due to the different aspect ratio of the LCD
Monitor. I can run the LCD at 1280/960 and the pictures look
great,entire screen is filled, but the text looks lousy so not a good
solution. Is there a fix to get the images to fill the entire screen
while keeping my resolution at 1280 x 1024? I can't believe they are
selling millions of these monitors and images don't fit properly.

Wait till you try printing your images and discover that the prints
cut off parts of the picture. All the standard American print sizes
11x14, 8x10, 5x7, 4x6, 3.5x5, have different aspect ratios.

Some of the cameras have different aspect ratios based on the
different sizes of the CCD sensors.

Within one camera there are often different aspect ratios for
different selectable size images you can take.

Selectable screen parameters on monitors and video cards have
different aspect ratios.

There is no standard, and it's not clear that there would be a
great benefit if there were.

Why blame the monitor?

Alan