Old October 4th 04, 05:21 PM
Jeremy

Kodak Gold 100 used to be the name of Kodak's standard (non-T-grain) ISO
100 consumer film. At around here (Champaign-Urbana IL, USA), it's still
available at most large discount stores. A pack of 4 24 exposure roles
costs about $6 to $7.

I found it in case lots at a local discount grocer in Philadelphia, packed 4
rolls to a box, at $2.99 per box. I picked up 4 boxes (16 rolls) and I
haven't yet tried it.

My understanding is that this film replaced Kodacolor (or was it called
Kodacolor-II?) in the mid 1980s. Someone on this NG commented on it awhile
back that this was Kodak's entry to compete with very low priced or private
label consumer films. I do not believe that Kodak goes out of their way to
advertise this film in the USA.

I am surprised to read the OP's comment that this film is superior to the
T-grain emulsions that are Kodak's current standard consumer offerings.