Old February 5th 18, 07:45 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
RJH

Default And The Loser Is...

On 2018-02-03 19:08, RichA wrote:
On Friday, 2 February 2018 22:09:18 UTC-5, Eric StevensÂ* wrote:
On Fri, 2 Feb 2018 18:40:34 -0800 (PST), RichA
wrote:

On Friday, 2 February 2018 01:19:30 UTC-5, androidÂ* wrote:
...the compact digital camera...

https://www.canonnews.com/the-2017-cipa-results-are-in

Americans keep bringing up the technological rear.

Crap.

Eric Stevens

They created the working internet (if not invented) and now slog
along at 25MB/s while Asia and some of Europe is at a gig.

Look at Speedtest's compiled results for fixed service (ie: not mobile).

Average speed:

Â*Â*Â*Â*Singapore (1st) is 166 Mb/s.
Â*Â*Â*Â*US (8th) is 83.2 Mb/s.
Â*Â*Â*Â*Canada (16th) is 77 Mb/s.

All of western Europe is slower than the US, except Sweden.Â* Denmark,
The Netherlands and Switzerland are essentially tied with the US.

http://www.speedtest.net/global-index

You get what you pay for. I have a 50-100 line and is oki with that
since I don't stream much, but you can get 500-1000 Mb/s if you pay
trice... The difference in average between Sweden and the US is minimal
actually and I guess that the Britts are just chepoos that don't wanna
punny up!

UK: I suspect that's something to do with it - I think 100Mbps is there
if people are willing to pay. Which as it happens I do - £30/month for
basic landline and mobile, and 100Mbps internet.

I suppose 1000Mbs would be nice, but hardly necessary. I can download
1GB through a VPN in a couple of minutes which seems fine.

--
Cheers, Rob