Old May 24th 18, 07:09 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Put your Canon Glass to Use With Your iPhone!

On 5/23/2018 3:33 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 23, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 5/23/2018 2:58 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On May 23, 2018, android wrote
(in article ):

On 2018-05-23 17:06:00 +0000, PeterN said:

On 5/23/2018 12:33 AM, android wrote:

snip

only because you know you can't back up your claims.

You can't have to many backups...

The bus that did this to my car, had too many.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xjyhdrxt7cmg150/IMG_0270.JPG?dl=0

Ouch!

Still better than falling asleep at the wheel.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/zvn0w4e7oh2upr9/AACTEV0FQjTQ01N3PwfQIHfZa

Yep. That happened to me once. i had a bad cold, and drank about half a
bottle of cold medicine. It was luck that I didn't hurt anybody, except
for some minor injury to myself. Fortunately I had stopped at a stop
sign, fell asleep, and only knocked down the sign, and damaged a car I
borrowed from a friend. It was an expensive day, as the car repair cost
me about $1,500.

In my case it was pure fatigue. I had an unavoidable 20 hour workday, and was
heading home. I didn’t make it. I ended up upside-down hanging from my
seatbelt. The car did a barrel roll to land on its roof, and slide along the
road upside-down. The airbag blew my right hand off the steering wheel and
through the now smashed glass moonroof, where the road chewed up my right
hand. Fortunately, other than a bad seatbelt burn to my shoulder, that was my
only injury. It did get me off work for two weeks, and enough cash from
Allstate after my Ford was totalled to buy my first Mercedes, a used 560SEL.

Things worked out well for you. I had one a few years ago that could
have been much worse. I was T-boned by a drunken cop. This guy was so
out of it, that he told me that he had been celebrating his promotion,
and had more than five drinks. Fortunately, the Lexus I was driving was
a loaner car, and nobody was seriously hurt. I would up getting a
ticket, which I was fighting. Since I was not hurt, although the Lexus
was totaled, I finally agreed to plead to a lower charge, which only
cost me about $75.00. It was not worth my time to continue the fight.
The State postponed the case about five times, for BS reasons, and each
appearance took most of the day. (Including travel time.)

--
PeterN