Old January 7th 19, 11:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

Default A picture is worth a thousand words?

On Sunday, January 6, 2019 at 12:41:16 PM UTC-5, me wrote:
On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 13:05:22 -0800 (PST), -hh wrote:

For some perspective on the repayment question, the last Govt shutdown
was back in October 2013.

Congress did introduce bills to provide back pay...

https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-...l/3223/actions
https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-...nate-bill/1567

...but did it actually pass in the Senate and get signed by POTUS?
Doesn't look like it, although I do recall hearing that back pay was
eventually granted ... in January 2014.

Even so, three months in limbo on if a check is ever going to happen...

FWIW, I'd find it interesting if contemporary politics were to pass the
"restore pay" bill now, while still during the shutdown...just how would
that change the political hostage-taking dynamics?

Yes I know, I was there. FWIW,we were given back pay then. Similarly
in '96 though I was a contractor then.

For a listing see:
https://www.ajc.com/news/national/when-was-the-last-government-shutdown-timeline-shutdowns/KlN1FLdhfBz9FznrrIBpTI/

A good list, but it doesn't answer this side question, namely of how long it
took to get around to refunding the Fed workers who were victim of a lockout.

-hh