Old January 5th 19, 09:05 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

Default A picture is worth a thousand words?

On Thursday, January 3, 2019 at 6:26:36 PM UTC-5, me wrote:
On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 23:51:51 +0000, "David B." wrote:

Will you still get paid?!!!

Federal employees require Congress to pass an act to do so.
Contractors are in a much more complicated and varied situation.
Historically Congress has voted for back pay for federal employees.
Given they are forbidden from working without pay or volunteering this
in the end is just a big waste of the taxpayers money.

For some perspective on the repayment question, the last Govt shutdown
was back in October 2013.

Congress did introduce bills to provide back pay...

https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-...l/3223/actions
https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-...nate-bill/1567

....but did it actually pass in the Senate and get signed by POTUS?
Doesn't look like it, although I do recall hearing that back pay was
eventually granted ... in January 2014.

Even so, three months in limbo on if a check is ever going to happen...

FWIW, I'd find it interesting if contemporary politics were to pass the
"restore pay" bill now, while still during the shutdown...just how would
that change the political hostage-taking dynamics?

-hh