Old August 17th 10, 07:28 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default about scanning and printing resolutions and quality, dpi and ppi

"Delta007bhd" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I have spent some time on the internet studying about dpi, ppi,
resolution for a scanner and printer and digital image processing but
It's all very confusing for me since I'm a total amateur. So here's a
question for you pro's:-D

If you know that I have an all-in-one printer (a href="http://
www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/store_access.do?product_code=Q8418A%23ABA&template _type=product_detail&jumpid=re_r602_dp_artgen_na_i pg_jan09_edtfive"HP
Photosmart C4680/a) that has following specs:
scanner resolution= 1200dpi
color print resolution= 4800x1200 from 1200dpi input data

and a paper photo (25x20cm) that I want to scan and print with least
quality loss as possible to produce an exact copy of the same size.

Which settings should I use and why? I can choose to scan at
100,200,300,600,1200,...dpi. But what I'm wondering is if my printer
can handle the higher scan settings.

Thanks in advance for teaching me

geez - you have room in your darkroom for a scanner and a printer? Wow!
Exactly where do you place these relative to where the enlarger is
positioned? And given their placement, how do you integrate their use with
that of the enlarger?