Old November 19th 04, 11:41 AM

In message ,
(Dave Martindale) wrote:

writes:

It's not obvious, though, when the missing values are 15-bit values.
Rather than 32,769 values, there are only about 11,000 values.

That is indeed very strange. I can't think of any reason the greyscale
representation should be any different from one channel of an RGB image.

Me neither. Just one of a series of many disappointments with PS. This
happens, I've found, with any conversion to greyscale in "16-bit" mode.
The color management is different for color and greyscale, too, so if
you switch back and forth there may be a continual loss of accuracy.

Someone should tell adobe that we have fast machines now and can work
with accurate data.
--

John P Sheehy