Old July 29th 15, 04:36 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Photo file rename by to date and time taken

In article , Tony Cooper
wrote:

What's the best program for such a batch rename ?

If you really need to do that, then Lightroom or Bridge can handle that task.

I really don't understand the replies I see here. A guy asks a simple
question and one person starts an argument saying there's no reason
for the person to re-name the files, and you recommend programs that
he may or may not have.

because renaming files is never a good solution. in fact, it's not even
needed at all because the file name makes absolutely no difference
whatsoever.