Old April 22nd 09, 06:39 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken[_5_]

Default Are todays LCD screen any good in bright weather

"Jürgen Exner" wrote in message
"Ken" wrote:
I have an older Nikon 7900 with 2" screen and even in normal light
sometimes
have to take a guess when outside that I have got the subject in frame. I
was thinking of getting a modern digi camera with 2.5 or bigger LCD screen
but only if I feel convinced they are better to use outside. Whats the
point
in having to guess the shot???

That's what a viewfinder is for. They are becoming a rare breed, but you
can still find them.

jue

Sone of the Canons have them but not a wide angle lens I need. My Nikon 7900
has a viewfinder but with only a 75% of what you see is what you get. So I
end up using it and cropping in the software to get what I need for my idea
of the right composition.

Ken