Old October 26th 06, 11:56 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

Default Couldn't help it - sorry Canon

Derek Fountain wrote:
Yeah, apart from the viewfinder (which is admitedly better on the D80),
I'm hard pressed to think of many things he mentions that he'd not have
gained by jumping to a 30D. I'm not saying that the 30D is a better
camera, but honestly I can't imagine giving up all of that glass so
lightly.

Yes, I'd have thought with a 17-40mm f/4 L and a 70-200mm f/4 L there
were better upgrade paths. I have both of those lenses and I'd need hell
of a deal to get me to part with them.

Still, he seems happy enough with improvements to handling, usability
and viewfinder. Let's hope he's still as happy when he sees the images
his new equipment produces. That L glass he's traded in will take some
matching.

Don't Nikon make any good lenses in those f/l ranges?