Old November 23rd 19, 11:52 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

Default Film cameras will last far longer than electronic cameras

On 11/23/19 3:45 PM, Alfred Molon wrote:
Well, a long time ago, when I still was using film, the
cost of one 10x15cm print was around 1DM (= German mark).
Can't remember how much a roll of film cost. Development
of the film cost a few DM if I remember correctly.
Now, if you shoot 10K-20K photos/year, as you do with
digital, doing that with film is very expensive. Even just
shooting 1000-2000 photos/year would have been quite
expensive.

Those prices sound like reasonable retail.

But it seems to me that the only way to make the "digital economy"
argument work is if you don't print your digital photos. Obviously with
film, you have to develop and print, or you just have some latent images
in a film canister.

So let's print your 1K-2K photos/year, at about 25x40cm. How much does
it cost for a good quality paper and ink cartridges?
Printing photographically/optically, it costs me about $0.50USD per
print for film, paper, and chemicals.

For 1K-2K photos/year; physical prints that I can hang, give to friends,
etc; I'm willing to pay $500-$1000.

--
Ken Hart