Old October 11th 14, 02:15 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Mort[_3_]

Default Shoot out: Smart phone vs Canon EOS 5D Mark III

Ron C wrote:
Just for the heck of it, here's an article that might make some folks
wonder why bother spending big bucks on a DSLR when a smart
phone will do.

http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/...amera-vs-dslr/

The end of closing line of the article kind of says it all:
~~
[ ... ] remember this photography aphorism: "Amateurs worry about
gear; professionals worry about money; masters worry about light."
~~

==
Later...
Ron C
--

Regarding the Hemingway/Adams meeting, here is a supposedly true story
set in New York city.

A young photographer had his first book of pix published,and the
publisher arranged for a publicity party at the Park Avenue residence
of a wealthy dowager. He showed mounted pix and signed book copies.
After dinner, the hostess remarked to him in a loud stage whisper,
"You take marvelous pictures. You must have a good camera." He instantly
replied to her: "You served a marvelous dinner. You must have good pots."

One wonders if the woman got the point.

When I am questioned by well-meaning people, I explain that the 2 most
important factors in my taking good pictures are my eyeballs and my
shutter- button finger.

Mort Linder

---