Old May 30th 17, 12:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
-hh

Default Where I keep my spare cats.

On Tuesday, May 30, 2017 at 12:58:37 AM UTC-4, Diesel wrote:
-hh wrote:

[snip]

"And yet you're still here". /S

Does that bother you?

To show how you're being a hypocrite? On the contrary!

And still haven't shared any of your photography.

That's not true, either.

Its possible I've overlooked it. Cite please.

It's in this thread...

Ah, *one* photo of a cat, overlooked. See, I made a mistake.
Although within the scope of RPD critiquing, that is a pretty crappy
image (mostly composition). So how about one that's not crap?

city to city and state to state is certainly divulging locations,
right? Very specific, no doubt. right?

First of all, I-81 already divulges a geographical constraint.

I wasn't aware that the state I reside in was unknown, OR, a 'big
secret'

[snip more clueless rants]

Translation:
a "snip" to try to disrupt association to Kingsport & Johnson City, TN.

Keep on shooting yourself in your own foot, kid...er PSL.

LOL, You blew your entire foot off, already:

"After all, one can't run an App which hasn't been installed."

That's just one stupid statement you've written.

*sigh* Kid, it requires Admin authority to run the chmod command,
and without granting the appropriate "+x", your user's .exe file
won't run.

ROFL.

Let's go over a few reasons you're wrong.

1) chmod is an attribution settings command, not an installer. While
it does require admin rights to be used, it doesn't apply in the case
of Xnews.

Yet Admin is still a required step.

2) Linux doesn't require the file extension .exe to denote an
executable. Windows itself doesn't either...(I'm waiting for you to
try and argue that it does, then, I'll correct you again. g)

OS's require that the file .. regardless of its extension .. be identified
as an executable; on systems which use chmod, that's how its done.

3) Xnews is a native Windows PE32bit executable. It runs under Wine
in linux, so, doesn't require my specifically setting the executable
bit beforehand...[4] Despite the fact I need admin rights to install Wine,
that's still not Xnews. And once Wine is installed, I don't need admin
rights to run Xnews under it.

Since you can't run it without Wine, and Wine isn't part of the OS and
it required Admin to install, you're dead in the water. my basic point
still applies and stands.

So, short of my attempting to use it on a corporate configured system
with restrictive policy settings, ...

Sorry, but there is no "short of", as the point was for something that
will run anywhere, *including* from restrictively configured systems.

I can't think of a legitimate reason off hand that I'd need to be using
a usenet client while using company equipment, either. Let alone
bringing something with me on a USB stick, cd-r, etc, and being
allowed to introduce the program to a machine I don't own or have
any real control over. I'd expect that to violate one or more company
policies, actually. I'd be very surprised if it didn't.

Yup, which merely means that you've _finally_ realized why then the
existing browser is the solution approach. Golly, it took you long enough, kid.

I'm getting the impression that you aren't a programmer or coder
(yes, there's a subtle difference between the two; aside from the
slang aspect)...

Still trying to compensate for you never having a real paid job doing either.

-hh