Old May 29th 17, 07:26 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Diesel

Default Where I keep my spare cats.

Eric Stevens
Sat, 27 May 2017
23:18:08 GMT in rec.photo.digital, wrote:

On Sat, 27 May 2017 12:18:02 -0400, nospam
wrote:

the problem with that is a lot of windows apps won't work when run
from a non-admin account.

I've never encountered that. Please name some.

I wouldn't get your hopes up for that request to be honored anytime
soon. Based on what they've written so far, it appears that their
knowledge concerning MS security access rights as well as PCs in
general is shall we say, lacking. With that said, I'm aware of some
older specialized applications that are Windows based that will
require elevated access rights to to run, due to their designs. But,
these are for the most part, older programs. Developed primarily,
before proper security practices were semi enforced on the part of
MS.

For the most part, properly written applications today will run fine
without admin level rights. HH seems to be a bit out of touch with
reality as well. This is something they recently wrote:

"After all, one can't run an App which hasn't been installed."

An untrue statement. There was a point in time where apps didn't get
'installed' in the first place. You provided them a directory/folder
and they were self contained from there. And some/many apps today are
being written just like they USED TO BE, because various programmers
and advanced users alike realize the immediate benefits.

--
Nope, I can't go to hell.
Satan still has a restraining order against me.