Old March 28th 17, 01:44 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Bill W

Default What comes after Dropbox?

On Tue, 28 Mar 2017 11:49:48 +1300, Eric Stevens
wrote:

I've been using Dropbox quite satisfactorily, for several years, to
provide links to photographs I want to post to the Internet. Now they
have changed the way they work and I am not atll satisfied with either
the way they work or what they seem to do to images.

I have one image which I have been trying to post in response to an
article by Savageduck in which we were discussing a collection of
landscape photographs. All I can manage with Dropbox is coarse
fine-detail and obvious color banding in the sky.

I know there are various ways in which I can replace Dropbox but it
will take me a long time to explore them all. I would be grateful for
any suggestions as to the best way I can go about replacing Dropbox.

Flickr is really all I've tried, but it seems good to me. I like that
a mouse click or two in LR gets the photos onto the site, processed
and sized exactly the way I want, and it will put them into the
correct, or new, album. The paid version is cheap enough that I can't
even remember the cost.