Old January 23rd 15, 09:43 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Davoud

Default National Park Photography [re" Ansel Adams Act]

PeterN:
IIRC I was taking photos in one of the galeries in DC, and told by one
of the guards that photos were not permitted...

Davoud:
To avoid the spread of FUD you must say what museum it was. There are a
number of private museums in Washington. For the Smithsonian, which is
owned by the people, the rules are as I stated above.

PeterN:
I do not recall which museum. It was definitely in DC, And was
definitely on the Mall, most likely the Calder as that is our favorite.
But, I am not certain which one. It is possible that the incident
happened where there was an exhibit on loan. I didn't then, and do not
now, consider the issue to be overly important. If my comment does nbot
satify you, there is nothing i can do about it.

Hmmm. There is no "Calder" museum on the National Mall, or anywhere
else in Washington, as near as I can determine. Must have been an
exhibit of privately owned works at one of the Smithsonian museums.

There is a list of Smithsonian museums here http://www.si.edu/Museums.

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm