Old November 12th 08, 01:42 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Lawrence Akutagawa

Default Current view on drum scanners?

"David Nebenzahl" wrote in message
s.com...
On 11/11/2008 2:20 PM Lawrence Akutagawa spake thus:

"Airbus" wrote in message

says...

Well, I don't go around making up new definitions for existing words.

You don't need to - You've already invented water spray for home
darkrooms! A true visionary!

hmmm...so this is your logic and thinking such as to be consistent
with the cited darkroom definitions? No wonder you posted here!

If I might step into this little brouhaha for just a second, I think you
(Lawrence) are being a bit too picky here. Now, I'm about as "strict
constructionist" as you can get regarding Usenet group topics: I'm
currently involved in an effort to rid r.p.e.35mm of the off-topic digital
SLR posters there. (Wish me luck on that one.)

But I think in this case this subject (film scanners) falls well within
the purview of darkroom practice: many folks who shoot film use a "hybrid"
process of developing film, then scanning and printing in the digital
realm. So I believe it's not so far off topic as you make it sound.

Well, David, why don't Airbus and you start an effort to start a new
newsgroup "rec.photo.scanner_in_the_darkroom?