Old July 1st 07, 05:55 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Paul Bartram

Default Old Analog Meter: Any Value ??

"Magnusfarce" wrote

I have an old Gossen Super Pilot light meter that appears to be in very

good
physical condition. I'm a casual user of a digital SLR and have never

used
a light meter of any kind. Surprisingly, there are several of these
available on e-Bay, one claiming that it is a useful device, the other
considering it a collectable at best.

It's pretty cool looking so I won't toss it in any case, but does it have
any practical usefulness in today's world?

I've still got my old Weston Master V, complete with its little leather case
and 'Invacone' but I must confess I haven't used it since I had a twin-lens
Rolliecord back in the 1970s. It also looks cool (it is certainly well made)
but with modern cameras I'd say their usefulness was limited to studio work.

They go pretty cheap on eBay, so their value as collectables is probably
limited - so far. Give it another 20 years?

Paul