Old March 7th 18, 06:00 AM posted to alt.windows7.general,rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default A simple way to transfer photos from your phone to Windowswithout installing anything on either

On 3/6/2018 12:58 PM, Alan Browne wrote:
In message , Alan Browne
On 2018-03-05 20:27, PeterN wrote:
On 3/5/2018 4:33 PM, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
In message , PeterN
writes:
In message , Alan
On 2018-03-03 08:43, J. P. Gilliver (John) wrote:
*A biochemist walks into a student bar and says to the barman:
"I'd like* a pint
of adenosine triphosphate, please." "Certainly," says the
barman,* "that'll be
ATP."

Exceptionally clever.

(Would have emailed but your signature doesn't say how to demunge
your* address yes, I thought so! I certainly didn't create it:
it was from a* list of something like 100 best jokes, or 20 best
puns, or something, in* the Independent (a British newspaper) some
years ago.
*Probably lost on non-UK readers though (-:

Not if they were involved in healthcare. ;-)
I was not a healthcare provider, but had many clients who were.

It wasn't the ATP aspect I thought might not be obvious outside the
UK, it was the 80p aspect.

Though I should amend it to "some" adenosine; I suspect it's a
_long_* time since 80p would get you a pint of _anything_ from a
barman.
*I took the comment as a pun.

It's actually a very clever joke - the 80 p. pun only scratched the
surface.

I realise humour is usually spoilt by explanation, but please explain
anyway: I couldn't see beyond the 80p.

I was going to wait another 24 hours or so...

To a biochemist it goes further if one looks into the role that ATP
plays in living cells:

It is often referred to as the "molecular unit of currency" of
intracellular energy transfer.

That is the clever bit that turns the pun into a fine joke ... ATP as
currency.* 80 p. worth in this case.

ref: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenosine_triphosphate

When you posted that sig, knowing that engineers and scientists always
have their inside humour I thought it best to know more about ATP.

Wikipedia is always a good source for such.

Just a bit of explanation. Last December my wife passed from large cell
lymphoma. Recently,m clinical trials were solicited using ATP to induce
remission of that type of lymphoma.

--
PeterN