Old January 11th 09, 12:44 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Noons

Default Cleaning old 35mm slides

Marc Bouchard wrote,on my timestamp of 11/01/2009 6:04 AM:
This question has probably been asked a thousand times but here goes.

I just bought a Plustek 7500ISE scanner to scan my dad's old slides. As I
peeked at a few, they look fairly dirty. How do I clean those up? Obviously
not with water (the cardboard holder wouldn't last long and water might
damage the slide itself).

So what is the best way to clean those? Any particular product/method?

Glanz Film Cleaner,
Film and Video Extras Pty Ltd,
2.20 York Road,
Ingleburn, NSW, 2565,
Australia,
Ph: 61-2-96183104,
Fax:61-2-98292835
low voice
it's isopropanol, and it works a treat for old slides!
/low voice