Old June 9th 09, 06:16 PM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Frank Pittel

Default Safelight bulbs??

john joseph wrote:
: Rebecca Ore wrote:
: In article ,
: Frank Pittel wrote:
:
:
: You may try finding a newsreader capable of threading. Having to
: scroll to the bottom of a post to read the new content is a pain.
: It's much easier if the new content is on the top of the post.
:
: My newsreader is a real newsreader and is quite capable of threading and
: I'm smart enough to snip. This is an argument that's basically newbie
: against experienced -- and Microsoft isn't NNTP friendly. I've made the
: arguments from the position of a top poster when I was a newbie over a
: decade ago.

: You use MT-Newswatcher, and yes it is very good.

I use tin. It's old and I don't think it's being worked on anymore but I like it.

: I'm rather surprised to read Frank's comment. He's an old-timer and
: admin expert.

It makes sense when you think about it. I set tin to thread on subject. This means when
I see a thread I'm interested in with say 10 posts. I select that thread and I get the
first post in the thread then I get the second and so on. By the time I get to the second
post I've already read the posts that preceeded it and I'm only interested in the new
content. When the new posts are top posted the new content is at the top and is easy to
find and read. When the new post is bottom posted I have to go look for it.

As a rule I don't read the old content every time I read a message.
--