Old September 26th 18, 04:23 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Neil[_9_]

Default So, Why FF ?

On 9/25/2018 8:26 PM, PeterN wrote:
On 9/14/2018 7:47 PM, Neil wrote:
On 9/14/2018 4:10 PM, wrote:
Seems to me that FF is all about connectng back to the old 35 mm film
format, and very little else, since smaller sensors with the same
pixcel count in conjunction with shorter lenses could do the same
thing, BUT smaller and lighter. What part have I got wrong ?

I think it's connecting back to the 35mm lenses that people have and
like but are compromised when used with smaller sensors. Although the
larger sensor cell area has a better signal to noise ratio, most
prints won't expose those differences if the pixel counts are the same.

Pixel count isn't the issue. it's also the quality of the pixels.

In this discussion, I think it's reasonable to assume decent quality
sensors for all examples being referred to. Otherwise, nothing matters
other than the quality differences between sensors.

--
best regards,

Neil