Old September 15th 18, 02:12 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Why are FF MILCs so Expensive !

In article , MC
wrote:

So, a bit like those who buy Apple products regardless of the
obscene Apple pricing model, maybe.

Another pathetic case of Apple envy.

Not at all. Just making a comparison in reply to a comment. In fact,
I have nothing against Apple (or Apple users).

based on what you've written, yes you do.

If Apple can get away
with their pricing structure and continue to profit as they do because
they can hold onto their customer base then good luck to them. To be
honest, I quite admire their business strategies for making such
profits, even though I find their pricing a tad obscene considering
their products, on the whole, do nothing more than fulfill the same
tasks as their competitors.

nobody is getting away with anything nor are their prices obscene.

prices for apple products are similar to its competitors for similar
products. they have to be. it's a *very* competitive landscape.

Just because I am a person who would rather pay substantially less for
a product to do a job just as well or, as is often the case, better
than products offered by other "overpriced" brand names, does not mean
I am envious of those who wish to spend a lot more for their products.
Why would I be?

except you aren't paying substantially less for a product that's just
as good and certainly not one that's better.

again, prices are similar for similar products.

if you're paying substantially less, then you're getting a lower spec
product, likely quite a bit lower.

low end products might be all you need, which is fine, but that doesn't
make other products overpriced. it simply means your needs are simple.

it's not unusual for those with low end products to be envious of those
with midrange and high end products, wondering how to do the things
they do with little to no effort.