Old July 20th 13, 12:55 AM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital,alt.photography
Savageduck[_3_]

Default [SI] Outdoor Cooking - The Duck comments

http://www.pbase.com/shootin/bbq_outdoor_cooking

PhotoPhartz:
1: Nice capture of a community holiday cookout in the park, or wherever
that shore side location is. I just wonder if you might have found a
slightly different position, or isolate the central group who seem to
be actively engaged in the art of outdoor cooking.
2: ...and there they are, actively engaged in the art of outdoor cooking
3: Nice burger, plus detail insert. That is a first for the SI.

Bob Flint:
1: MOLSON!! Ok! I know it's a beer for the burger you are woking on, but...
2: That is a clean grill. Was that just good outdoor kitchen sanitary
practice, or was it a virgin grill?
....and was that the sacrificial burger?
3: The result, burger & beer. I know you are classy guy Bob, but this
is where the paper plate would have been appropriate. ;-)

Savageduck (yours truly):
1: The Rib Line is one of several rib, tri-tip operations at the San
Luis Obispo Farmers market every Thursday. They start cooking quite
early, and by 6PM there are folks lined up for ribs and/or tri-tip
sandwiches. This was shot before the crowds arrived.
2: The server had his "Uncle Sam" hat on for the 4th of July.
3: I took several shots of this pizza oven and I just couldn't get a
good angle to get what I wanted, so this was a bit of a compromise with
some of the chimney cropped. I had to find a way of including it, as
the concept of a traveling pizza oven is so different from the usual
grill, smokehouse fare.
Here are a few more shots from that day:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lx56l61b7...r%27s%20Market

Otter:
1: I expected nothing less than one of your local joints, but just how
much actual outdoor cooking do they do there?
2: Now you're cookin' !! Chicken, brisket, sausage, & something
unidentifiable, all looking very tempting.
3: The meat looks good, but Rudy needs to get a better supplier of
bread. That bread looks unappealing.

Bowser:
1: There it is. Perhaps the only thing to improve that scenario would
be to have you holding it through a window with the rain pouring down
outside.
2: Aah! A New England Summer.
3: Fourth of July cookout. The perfect way to spend the day, family
friends, and burgers.

Peter Newman:
1: Nice capture, but where exactly was this cooked outdoors? ;-)
2: Coney Island & Nathans, portable food for NYC. I have a feeling that
the PeterN touch on this might raise a few coservative eyebrows.
3: I like the neat capture of the "Lady in White", but the context of
her patient wait seems to be lost.
Then there are the "porta-potties" in the background. ;-(

Savageduck