Old February 15th 14, 12:50 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
me[_5_]

Default Eagles have returned

On Fri, 14 Feb 2014 20:18:03 -0500, PeterN
wrote:

A lot of neat captures. Looks like a great place to live. According to
Google Maps, Waverly is about a little over an hour from you. Now if my
daughter will lend me her dog, ......
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/97242118/stormy%201.jpg

Seriously, I think there is a lot of good material in the tidal area.
The shooting in Waverly is totally different. Don't know if I can swing
enough time for both. Depending on my wife's health, I can see a neat trip.
You are lucky to live in that area.

Thanks. Yes, given the confluence of more than a few rivers with the
bay there is one heck of a lot of tidal wetlands. On the bad side is
that means it also creates lots of choke points during rush hours. I'm
lucky and work 12 miles from the house and have quite flexible hours.
But I grew up on the west side of Suffolk County, LI and worked in
SoCal after graduate school, so I've seen traffic issues all my adult
life. There are a lot of transient folks in the area given the huge
military presence and it can be amazing to find folks that don't know
what the area can offer many times right in their own back yard.

If you can borrow the dog, weekend morning outings happen in/on the
picnic beach area in Yorktown on the shore of the York River.

http://edwardgruf.com/dogs_2014_1/index.html

If the timing is right pre-sunrise color can be amazing.
http://edwardgruf.com/2012-01-11_yorktown_am_color/